We recently visited Chuck E Cheese and I almost forgot how expensive the place can be! You can easily drop $40 or $50 there for mediocre pizza and less than an hour of games. They seem to have loads of coupons flying around, so I’ve done a bit of research for you and have compiled my best Chuck E Cheese tips to follow! Eat Before you go and bring in cups for water Ok, I know this may be an […]Continue Reading
Beach trips, barbecues, swimming pools, and oh wait…homeschool?!
Yes, you heard me. SCHOOL IS STARTING! Homeschool that is. While many of you still have a month or more left to go, many homeschoolers are starting in July. As a homeschooling family, we have the benefit of creating our own schedule and being able to school year round. So, amidst all the summer fun, we will be adding in some school time so we can have easier weeks (3 or 4 school days) and much longer breaks to enjoy the holidays. Now it doesn’t sounds all that bad, eh?
In preparation for our start of school, I have been working on my Homeschool Mom Planner. Even though we don’t have any super rigorous plans (it’s just Kindergarten), I tend to need something to keep me focused on the path to my goals.
I am probably a bit overexcited to start, but I know there are some days I may be thinking…..why don’t I just send my kids to school everyday, why do I homeschool?! For those days, when I need a bit of a reminder, I made this printable to keep me grounded and encouraged 🙂
CLICK HERE FOR THE FREE PRINTABLE –> 15 Quotes to Encourage the Homeschool Mom
I added this to the very front of my planner. The quotes are also below in case you want to copy and paste. Hope it inspired you! <3
- Education is not the filling of a pail, but rather the lighting of a fire. ~W.B Yeats
- Now you are deep in what seems to me a peculiarly selfless service. The spiritual training of children must be that. You work for the years you will not see. You work for the Invisible all the time, but you work for the Eternal. So it is all worthwhile. ~ Amy Carmichael
- You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children ~Deut 6: 4-9
- Knowledge, which is acquired under compulsion, has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child’s natural bent ~Plato
- The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards ~Anatole France
- The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher. Luke 6:40 NIV
- Intelligence plus character-– that is the goal of true education ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve. ~Roger Lewin
- You will not reap the fruit of individuality in your children if you clone their education. ~Marilyn Howshall
- Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it ~Proverbs 22:6
- Children learn from anything and everything they see. They learn wherever they are, not just in special learning places. ~John Holt
- You will not be good teachers if you focus only on what you do and not upon who you are. ~Rudolph Steiner
- When the atmosphere encourages learning, the learning is inevitable ~Elizabeth Foss
- Whatsoever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ ~Colossians 3:23-24
- There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent. ~Gandhi